13 March 2007

Gone to the dogs

Just a note to mention that I updated my post on the ADN's reporting in Juneau and my apparent "insight" into Rep. Les Gara's legislative strategy and tactics. You can read those at the end of the post.

Also, I hate to keep pointing this out because I like to be a generally modest sort of fellow, I'll be busy soaking in Lance Mackey's amazing victory this evening, which I - ahem - boldly predicted way back when.

I am also assiduously trying to start talk of a "mushing Triple Crown." I figure if horse-racing and baseball can have one, why not sled-dog racing. But all I can come up with are two legs, the Quest and Iditarod. Perhaps the Kusko 300? What about one of those European races?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck, I can't think of a better word for it then Mackey's Crown. We are in new territory here and what better way is there to honor a genuine pioneer?

CabinDweller said...

How about reviving the old Nadezhda (too lazy to find a Cyrillic font thingey) aka, Hope, Race in Chukotka?

Several Nomeites are veterans of that one - and talk about a remote, tough race to rival the Quest!