05 December 2006

Transition? What Transition?

I was excited the other week to read that Nome mayor Denise Michels is Sarah Palin's transition team leader for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. I was wondering if this was the first indication that Denise was headed for a position in the Palin administration and I even started thinking about who would run to replace Denise if Nome had to have an election fill the vacancy, potentially opening up a Rock Creek election that I think we missed out on in October.

But then I read that Gen. Campbell is staying on as commissioner of DMVA. So what exactly is Denise doing? Briefing Gen. Campbell on how to do the job he's already been doing?

Maybe Sarah is taking it easy on Denise in preparation for some super-tough job in the administration. But I doubt it.

No comments: